[Asterisk-Users] SIP Subscriptions

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Tue Dec 20 22:07:41 MST 2005

I respectfully disagree that my complaints are idle. Digium as 'Digium™ is the creator and primary developer of Asterisk™, ' state that it is 'enterprise-grade '. I feel that the things I have complained about disqualify it as being enterprise-grade. That's not idle. If it's enterprise-grade, these things should be supported and should work. I realise that Digium is saying the business edition is enterprise grade, but if you look at it from a functionality perspective, business edition at about version 1.0.9, which has even _less_ features than 1.2.1.

Oh, and no I haven't looked at the realtime code. Firstly because digium have told me it would take a single person the better part of a year to fix, and secondly I'm not a software developer (not in C anyway). Not everyone who uses open source code is a software engineer. Yes, I did suggest it to Digium directly.... which is when they mentioned it would take a year or so to fix.