[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk based IVR/VoiceMail Server for a Unified Messaging suite

ammad jami candidcarper at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 19:28:06 MST 2005

Hello:

Please go through this mail, it won't take much time.

For a Unified Messaging system, I have to develop an IVR/Voicemail system
based on asterisk.
**
 Following are the details of the voice mail / IVR (Interactive voice
Response) system to be developed:

   1. Develop using Asterisk
   2. 100 simultaneous users
   3. Integrate with @mail ( www.atmail.com) our email program *(
   developed in perl )*
   4. Provide Fax integration
   5. Provide information about the message store, e.g. you have two
   voice messages and three text messages (emails). Integrate with backend
   database.
   6. Accept response through telephone keypad or through voice response
   7. Forward all voicemail to email as well
   8. Users can access voicemail through telephone, cell phone, or
   through a desktop/webmail client
   9. Send SMS or IM alerts on receipt of specified messages
   10. Identify caller/device and provide him options accordingly. If the
   owner of the mailbox calls it should give different options than if somebody
   else calls possibly to leave a message. In-fact there are three different
   types of callers the system should recognize: the owner, other subscribers
   to our system, everybody else.
   11. Receive voicemails from outside through telephony devices (dialed
   in), and also receive voicemail from within the system through email or
   desktop client.
   12. Integration with VOIP service/connections and DTMF connection.
   13. Integration with IM
   14. Obviously provide remote access
   15. Text to speech for reading emails or just their headers

Please tell me,
What asterisk offers by default for my system?
What areas I need to work to achieve the mentioned features?
What specific hardware(cards,servers etc.) should I look for this system?

I appreciate any comments/suggessions/queries.

Thanks for reading,

Jami