[Asterisk-Users] IVR Capacity

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Tue Dec 20 15:50:00 MST 2005

On 12/20/05, Serge Schumacher <serge at vonet.lu> wrote:

> With 2 quad E1 I can handle 240 channels at the same time, so those 240
> channels have to playback voicemenus on the same time.
>

> The survey will have about 30 questions and the complete survey will take
> about 20-30 minutes

Why not use a much simpler solution, such as finding a way to schedule
different employees/offices/regions what have you to call in at
different times?  Or better yet don't use an IVR at all.

Not that it's any of my business, but something just doesn't feel
right about having employees slog through a 30 minute IVR.  I can
think of much better ways to get the information you want, at less
cost, and probably less hassle for the employees.  IMO the only good
thing about this approach is that it might irritate enough people into
giving you more honest answers about what they really think.  If you
are really brave, at the end of the survey ask them what they think
about having to take the survey.

Chris

Chris