[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> Skype anywhere/anyhow?

Lenz lenz-ml at loway.it
Tue Dec 20 04:31:01 MST 2005

http://www.gizmoproject.com/

 from the website, it quite looks like skype - no network setup, IM
integration, you may call POTS phones by paying the company who did it.
not very useful, in the end, if the purpouse is asterisk-skype
interoperability - I doubt that every one of the millions of skype users
out there will uninstall it and tell their contacts to switch to gizmo.
like it or not, skype is here to stay.

just my $0.02
l.

On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 23:46:20 +0100, AR Tarzi <artarzi at batelco.com.bh>
wrote:

> could you please tell how it interfaces with Asterisk? Could I receive
> calls into Asterisk? send calls out?
> I've just downloaded it and am searching (unsuccessfully) for these on
> Gizmo's site/software.
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Kerry Garrison"
> <support at techdatapros.com>
> <asterisk-users at lists.digium.com>
> Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 23:23
> Subject: RE: [Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> Skype anywhere/anyhow?
>

>> Everyone should simply uninstall Skype and switch to the Gizmo project
>> because it interfaces quite nicely with Asterisk.
>>
>> Kerry Garrison
>> Publisher - http://GeekGazette.com - http://VOIPSpeak.net
>> (949) 502-7819 x200 - kerryg at techdatapros.com
>> http://www.techdatapros.com