[Asterisk-Users] DTMFMODE with grandstream

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Mon Dec 19 12:17:58 MST 2005

No, I don't know why. But, the dtmf mode used between the phone and asterisk
stays the same regardless of where you call. That part of the call doesn't
change. Once asterisk has the dtmf digit(s), the next channel (eg, zap, iax)
will use whatever "it" deems to be the correct dtmf mode (unless you have
canreinvite=yes and are using sip on that next leg). That second leg does
not have to be the same dtmf mode as the first leg.