[Asterisk-Users] Variable Help

Johnathan Falk jdfalk at internet2.edu
Mon Dec 19 11:25:08 MST 2005

I have a question about how to set up some variables. I have an extension
that my teachers are going to dial to record their information messages for
the public. I need to know what I need to put in step two for my teachers to
enter 6 digits on their phone and have that saved as a variable. Any help
would be appreciated also direct replies would be helpful because I get the
digest message and its hard to keep up.

Thanks in advance!

Exten => 611000,1,Background(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/Welcome)

Exten => 611000,2,Authenticate(XXXXX,a)

Exten => 611000,3,

Exten => 611000,4,Background(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/{entereddigits})

Exten => 611000,5,Record(/var/lib/asterisk/sounds/{entereddigits})

Exten => 611000,6,Hangup()

Johnathan Falk

Network Administrator

Clinton Community Schools