[Asterisk-Users] What is the best Dell Machine for Asterisk?

Walt Reed asterisk at linuxguy.com
Mon Dec 19 08:01:27 MST 2005

Why oh why would you want to install *, which runs on Linux, on a
machine made by a company that does NOT support Linux? Both IBM and HP
do a pretty good job of supporting Linux. So do other Linux oriented
companies like PenguinComputing.com

Digium cards have historically been a little finicky in regards to which
machines they work in, but Sangoma cards should work in virtually any
modern machine that has the right type of slots (careful with some
modern servers that ONLY have PCI Express slots.) Hopefully someone can
comment about modern digium cards in regards to compatability. Have they
gotten better?