[Asterisk-Users] ACD with polycom ip phones

Mon Dec 19 06:37:34 MST 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-19 at 07:21 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Matthew wrote:
>
> > For the uninitiated among us (myself included) what is ACD login/logout
> > support?
>
> The Polycom phones can send XML NOTIFY messages to signal to the server
> the agent is logged in/out/paused. I know of no documentation on the
> messages (although they don't look that hard to parse), but nobody has
> come up with any sort of architecture that would allow chan_sip to do
> something useful with the messages.

Could chan_sip simply start executing the DP at a particular
extension ?? or would that require the existence of a channel, which
there isn't really since it is just XML not RTP???

I've often wondered about this, but since I've never seen any docs, nor
anyone else talk about it, I just assumed it wasn't implemented and
moved along... Though it certainly does seem like it would be quite
handy, if anyone needs some debug info, or someone to test it on etc,
I'd be able to do that much....

Regards,
Adam