[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk <-> Skype anywhere/anyhow?

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Mon Dec 19 05:23:06 MST 2005

On Mon, December 19, 2005 11:33, Evert Meulie said:
> Hi all!
>
> I am aware of products like http://www.rsdevs.com/psgw_sip.shtml which act
> as a gateway, but what I'd really like is a for example an Asterisk module
> that can route calls to Skype, perhaps the same
> principle as IAX2?
>
> I'm assuming more people are interested in this, but... does it exist
> already?

There is no such thing yes, and as Skype is closed source, it'll have to
wait until someone reverse-engineers it...

(Sniffing the protocol will be hard, as it is - supposedly - encrypted)

I'd love to connect my (*) to Skype as well, but I do not see it happening
soon!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch