[Asterisk-Users] Is it me, or is 1.2.1 slower than 1.0.9?

Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) francesco at fampeeters.com
Sun Dec 18 15:14:06 MST 2005

On Sun, December 18, 2005 20:05, Francesco Peeters (Asterisk) said:
> Hi all,
>
> I just wiped my system and did a clean Asterisk 1.2.0 install with
> Bristuff 0.3 Pre 1c. (It doesn't work with 1.2.1 yet!)  :-(
>
> Is it my server or is 1.2.0 considerably slower than 1.0.9 was?
>
> It seems to me that all actions take noticably longer than before!
>
> Also, despite setting DYNAMIC_FEATURES=>automon in the extensions.conf
> globals section and uncommenting automon=>*1 in features.conf, nothing
> happens when pressing *1

Solved that...

> When I change blinsxfer in features.conf to anything different than #, it
> no longer works.

That too...

> It only works with my softphones anyway, as my ZAP connected ISDN phone
> never transfers to begin with!

And here we come to the root cause:
The Siemens ISDN DECT station stubbornly refuses to do DTMF unless I
manually go in to a menu 2 levels deep to temporarily turn it on... No
preference setting, etc. It even gets worse with non Siemens DECT handsets
(using the GAP protocol), as these do not even support the keypad
switching, which means I first have to do a DECT transfer to a Siemens
handset or the base, before I can xfer to a non-DECT extension or external
peer...

> I'm getting depressed, because I know all these nice features are there,
> and I cannot get any of them working! (Once it works, I can deploy it at 2
> other locations and really start saving money...)

So my depression is somewhat lifted, as I will be proceeding with the
other 2 locations, as I now have all features working, however I need to
figure out how to properly work around the Siemens issue, as the other
sites too use Siemens ISDN hardware!   :rolls eyes:

Time to bring out the AMD 1000 box and start prepping that one!

--
F Peeters
  PIII 450 - 1 GB - * 1.2 - BRIstuff 0.3.0 Pre 1 - Florz patch