[Asterisk-Users] New voicemail alert options for Cisco 7960 SIP phones

Tim Connolly tim at timsnet.com
Sun Dec 18 10:24:47 MST 2005

    I'm looking for ideas on how to implement voicemail notification on
Cisco 7960 SIP phones. Something like a light on the legacy pbx-phone
would be perfect. Even maybe go so far as a quick ring to the extension
every 15 minutes or so, but then that would increment the on-screen
missed call count. How about a debug-test call where we telnet into the
users phones, open a test call on speakerphone back to some extension
which simply plays a soundfile like "You've got mail".

Any suggestions? Is there any simple way to check the voicemail
application to see which mailboxes have new messages waiting? Is there
simple way to notify users on phones like the Ciscos ?

Thanks
Tim