[Asterisk-Users] screen safe_asterisk does'nt spawn asterisk

Simone Cittadini mymailforlists at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 01:12:11 MST 2005

Tzafrir Cohen ha scritto:

>On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 01:45:24PM +0100, Simone Cittadini wrote:
>

>>screen -d -m asterisk -vvvcng works well for me, but I'd prefer to run
>>safe_asterisk in production
>>

>Any reason you need to run asterisk in a console?
>
>asterisk -r allows you to view the current console.

First of all, I think my complain about 'screen safe_asterisk' not
working was a nonsense, even if I'd get it work it would detach the
safe_asterisk script and not asterisk's process ....

Anyway, screen seems the only way to see agi's output (old discussion in
the list, and some lines in the wiki), for example :

agy.py :

[...]
    def Write(self,data):
        """
        Write unbuffered line output to STDERR.
        Ensures data is flushed out.
        """
        sys.stderr.write(str(data) + "\n")
        sys.stderr.flush()
[...]

myhagi.py :

import agy.py
import hgsm.py

agiDo = agi.AGI()
hGsm = hgsm.HGSM()
dst = sys.argv[1]
gatDst = hGsm.getGatewayFromDst(dst)
agiDo.Write("gatDst: "+str(gatDst))

this last line will print on the CLI with 'asterisk -vvvc'
nothing is printed with 'safe_asterisk' -> 'asterisk -r'
so I must 'screen -d -m asterisk -vvvcng' -> 'screen -r'