[Asterisk-Users] TDM01B answering issue

Steve Underwood steveu at coppice.org
Sat Dec 17 20:51:21 MST 2005

Andrew Kohlsmith wrote:

>On Saturday 17 December 2005 22:13, Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
>

>>*sigh*  Analog Zap FXO ports consider the call "answered" as soon as
>>it's finished throwing the DTMF at the telco.  This is because a Zap
>>port CAN'T tell when an analog call has been answered.
>>

>Bah, you're absolutely correct.  I keep forgetting about POTS; I think PRI
>when I think Zap.

Its not absolutely correct, but its relatively correct. :-)

The above is true for most analogue lines around the world. However,
there are some places which provide a positive answer indication on
analogue lines. The form varies, but it is typically a reversal of line
power, or a short timed break in line power. Similarly, while most of
the world's analogue lines no longer provide a positive indication of
hangup, some still do. Again, this is usually by reversal or a short
timed break.

Steve