[Asterisk-Users] Patch zaptel.init to support debian

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir at cohens.org.il
Mon Dec 12 23:28:15 MST 2005

On Tue, Dec 13, 2005 at 06:26:49AM +0000, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Don't know if this is really right, all I know is
> that Debian sarge does not have /var/lock/subsys/.
>
> I foolishly made this patch against the zaptel 1.2
> branch rather than trunk, although I did check that
> the trunk has the problem.  It'll probably apply....
>
> I ran it and it works for me.

It is not needed anyway for loading the modules on Debian, as modules
will be loaded before it by discover and/or hotplug (except the bristuff
modules).

So for the normal case, it is not used anyway. It is only used if you
ever want to rmmod those modules. For that you borrow can use genzaptelconf -u
from the latest Sid deb, which also has a nice safety check if asterisk is
running.

I generally prefer to load the modules in /etc/modules and remove the
insane post-install commands from modules.conf/modprobe.conf which are
the causes of strange error messages and of the fact that you modprobe
zaptel separately.

BTW: some modules may provide a span (/proc/zaptel/n , not necessarly
/proc/zaptel/1) but not function as a timing device. In which case
you'll still need to modprobe ztdummy, right?