[Asterisk-Users] Terminating calls externally via SER

Douglas Garstang dgarstang at oneeighty.com
Sat Dec 17 11:14:11 MST 2005

I'm wondering if anyone has ever implemented a scenario where calls aren't terminated directly via Asterisk, but instead are passed back to a proxy, such as SER to terminate the calls. With basic dialling, it would be easy. For basic calling...

exten => XXXXXXX, 1, Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@proxy,20,tr)

What about more advanced stuff tho? With Queues, the AgentCallbacklogin command requires as an arguement where to reach the extension AND you have to supply the context. Would Asterisk take something like:

exten => 8000,1,AgentCallBackLogin(${EXTEN}@context at proxy)

Don't know if Asterisk would correctly parse two @ symbols. Also, what about hints? Would something like this be needed?

5551212 => hint,1,SIP/5551212 at proxy

Would Asterisk even accept that? And so on. I guess I need to know if all the Asterisk commands that require an extension can have a @proxy prefixed to the end, and still work (assuming 'proxy' is defined in sip.conf of course).

Thanks.
Doug