[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem with sjphone and 1.2.1

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Sat Dec 17 10:22:59 MST 2005

Hi,

Something else I should mention. Sip uses UDP and TCP packets. TCP
packets are used if there is congestion on the network. I am unclear
about what mechanism causes sip to switch between UDP and TCP but I
believe it is controllable - I believe It would be easier to use QOS
though. If UDP is used that packets could time out and you would never
know it since UDP is dumb and has no packet loss recovery mechanism.
What is the topology of your network. Is the Asterisk box and the client
on the same backbone and switch?

Thanks