[Asterisk-Users] Strange problem with sjphone and 1.2.1

Chuck Bunn chuck.bunn at networkdoc.com
Sat Dec 17 10:13:57 MST 2005

Hi,

If you do not have QOS assigned to the SIP protocol it is quite possible
that there are packets time outs and the packets are discarded. Is it
possible to test the network during the evening or at a time when
traffic is at it lowest? Also try several traceroutes and see if there
is a wide variation in return times (widely varying treceroutes could
indicate network saturation). You are using gsm are you using
dmtfmode=rfc2833 or something else (this must be set in the sip.conf and
on the sip soft phone and they must match!)

Thanks