[Asterisk-Users] E1 Echo

Rich Adamson radamson at routers.com
Fri Dec 16 07:59:58 MST 2005

> > Well, the problem is the difference between keeping under 16ms and
> > sliding _just_ over limit to 18ms would make the effect audible almost
> > immediately. We used the sangoma echospike tools to measure the delay
> > and adjusted our taps accordingly.
>
> Sangoma echospike tools?  Please elaborate!

See sangoma's -users posting from Dec 13th, which I quote:

"I just wanted to let you know that we do provide a tool to debug echo.

We send a unit impulse and record the Finite Impulse Response (FIR) so it
can be plotted and analyzed. The code that does this is the release at
ftp.sangoma.com/linux/custom/2.3.4. Instructions on using it are in the wiki
in http://sangoma.editme.com/wanpipe-linux-asterisk-debugging.

Although the code is wanpipe, all the interaction is at the zaptel level, so
I am pretty sure it will work on Digium or other cards as well.

Just being able to see what the echo looks like on a troublesome line gives
quite a lot of info. You can see if the echo is delayed, or markedly
non-linear."

I haven't tried it as yet but plan to do so.

Rich