[Asterisk-Users] Re: AoC (Advice of Charge)

Frank Sautter asterisk at sautter.com
Fri Dec 16 07:24:56 MST 2005

hello tomislav,

Tomislav Parcina wrote:
>>Does Asterisk support Advice of Charge? I was told that my Telco sends
>>me billing signalization that way, and I wonder can I use it?
>
> I have found out that this is part of EURO ISDN standard. q.956 - Advice
> Of Charge. Does anybody know how to implement this with Asterisk? I
> would like to store those informations (that I recive from my telco by
> q.956 standard) in MySQL, csv or any other format.

i have _partially_ implemented AOC into the libpri and chan_zap part of
asterisk (the IEs for AOC units are decoded and encoded and you will see
the AOC info on the console if you have increased verbosity to 5).

unfortunately it was beyond my scope to propagate this information to
the bridged channel, as the info from the telco provider is transmitted
during the call termination phase and asterisk destroys the bridge to
early (right after it receives the first notice that the call has to be
terminated) and so there is no possibility to pass the AOC to the
bridged channel nor to write anything to the CDR.

what has to be done is to rewrite the call termination process so it
does not terminate each of it's bridged legs seperately in a state
machine but together.

regards
  frank