[Asterisk-Users] Does hardware like this exist...?

BJ Weschke bweschke at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 05:35:24 MST 2005

On 12/16/05, Evert Meulie <evert at witelcom.net> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I am looking for a device that I can stick in a USB-port on my Asterisk server and that allows me to connect one/more (cordless) PSTN-phones in such  a way that they'll work with SIP/Asterisk. I know
> there are USB-phones, but what I'm looking for is 'the USB-phone without the phone', if you know what I mean...   ;-)

 You're looking for a USB FXS port. Yes, they do exist. You can take a
look at the Astribank-8 from Xorcom (www.xorcom.com). I really don't
know how well they work as I haven't any personal experience with
their equipment, but they were exhibiting this solution at the last
Astricon a few months back.

--
Bird's The Word Technologies, Inc.
http://www.btwtech.com/