[Asterisk-Users] hint on Zap channels

DRi at b-w-computer.de DRi at b-w-computer.de
Fri Dec 16 02:37:07 MST 2005

an isdn-line has two usable 64k channels and you can connect multiple
phones to an isdn-line

each phone is using it's own msn/cid

for calls towards the isdn-phones you can tell asterisk to use an
specified channel
eg.
exten->123,1,Dial(Zap/1/123)
exten->124,1,Dial(Zap/2/124)
this way hints for Zap channels work for incoming calls
but usually you use a group/span in your dialplan so it's possible to use
both channels for any extension/msn

but for outgoing calls both isdn-devices use any free channel of the
isdn-line