[Asterisk-Users] CallerID/Extension Matching with RealtimeExtensions

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Fri Dec 16 00:50:44 MST 2005

Douglas Garstang wrote:
> Well, according to something I just read, dated JULY, this isn't supported yet. This is so damn frustrating. Why does Digium keep releasing this stuff before it's ready? Why can't they friggin document this? Why is it every time I check out a new feature I have to drop it because of some deal breaker like this?

Hmm.  Your post would indicate that you are under the impression that
Asterisk is a commercial product that was released by Digium.

It is actually an Open Source project, under development by lots and
lots of people located all over the world.

So Digium didn't release the code; the Asterisk developers released it.

The wonderful thing about Open Source--the door swinging both ways--is
that those who GRIPE about features that are lacking can actually get
the source code and FIX the thing that is causing their gripe.

In your case, it might provide you an opportunity to come back to the
list someday with something positive to say!!

B.

p.s. Honey will get you a lot further than vinegar.  'Specially if
you're just a lowly enduser (like me), not a coder. . .