[Asterisk-Users] Will ooh323 ever move from addons?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at digium.com
Thu Dec 15 17:22:06 MST 2005

Rich Adamson wrote:
> Will the ooh323c module ever be moved to asterisk as a standard module or will
> it always remain an addon?

It is in addons for licensing reasons; the underlying H.323 stack from
Objective Systems is dual-licensed like Asterisk is; users who want to
use chan_ooh323 in a commercial environment (like Asterisk Business
Edition) must obtain a commercial license for the H.323 stack as well.
This is a similar situation to the MySQL connector modules, which is the
same reason they are in asterisk-addons.

With our move to Subversion it might be possible to merge these back
together and when we make commercial versions of Asterisk available we
would just exclude them; I'll have to talk to Mark and the others about
that.