[Asterisk-Users] sharing a line w/multiple extensions

snacktime snacktime at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 17:00:36 MST 2005

On 12/15/05, Robert La Ferla <robertlaferla at comcast.net> wrote:
> Is there a way for another extension to join a call in progress?  i.e.
> If I can't share the line with all extensions, it would be nice to have
> a single button (dial sequence) that allows any extension to join the
> call.  How can this be configured?

Probably through some creative use of meetme.  But IMO once you start
using hacks like that, you should probably either look at alternatives
or adapt to a different way of doing things.  It's also possible that
there is a solution that would work well for you, but as always it
depends on the details.  You might post your exact setup, hardware,
number of phones, what type of environment they are used in, etc..
For example as someone else mentioned in a home environment you can do
something similiar to what  you want using the sipura SPA-3000.  It's
possible, depending on the details, that a similar solution might
exist in your case.  I kind of doubt it, but it can't hurt to try.

Chris