[Asterisk-Users] Voipsupply - my experience

Shaw Terwilliger sterwill at sourcegear.com
Thu Dec 15 13:49:20 MST 2005

On Thu, Dec 15, 2005 at 03:03:04PM -0500, Omar A. Sabek wrote:
> I also have nothing but wonderful things to say about voipsupply.com,
> they are first on my list for equipment needs. They have great methods
> of communication and they free up my time to better serve my clients.

I'm happy to hear that everyone's had good service from them, but I've
felt burned by them twice.  The first time, I ordered over $4000 worth
of hardware from them and as soon as my order is processed, I get spammed
with all their monthly specials (all in caps, of course).  I sent them
an e-mail asking them why they treat their customers this way, but I
never received a response.  Also, this order was split up and shipped
at different times, but their order status pages didn't explain this
(and I had no idea where my parts were for a week).

I gave them another chance recently--just last week, in fact.  I ordered
two IAXy adaptors, so one of my co-workers could take one back to
Europe.  I ordered on the 6th, paid for 2 day shipping, and got an
e-mail that afternoon telling me my order status was "shipped."

Well, three days passed, and my co-worker flew back home without an IAXy.
This week I asked voip-supply for a FedEx tracking number, and the tracking
information shows the package actually shipped on the 13th, not the 6th
like they told me!  Their order status calculations are 7 days too
optimistic.

I sent them an e-mail about the status discrepancy, but I haven't
received a response.  I would consider their communication methods
inadequate, unless you don't care when your order will arrive.

--
Shaw Terwilliger <sterwill at sourcegear.com>
SourceGear LLC