[Asterisk-Users] Echo Canceller usage

Richard Scobie r.scobie at clear.net.nz
Thu Dec 15 13:39:53 MST 2005

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:

>Individually? Yes... but I don't know how else you are thinking it
>would be applied.

Apologies for breaking the thread.

Just trying to get an idea of how things work together. I had considered
that in this scenario, the echo can on the FXS only has to deal with a
tail length back to the FXO hybrid, which on adequate hardware would be
so short that any echo would just be sidetone and so could be dispensed
with for the sake of CPU usage.

The echo can on the FXO would be the one doing the work, on the tail
back to the far end hybrid.

Or have I misunderstood how Zap EC works?

Regards,

Richard