[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk Realtime connection failed

Insider KT insider_kt at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:36:54 MST 2005

Hello. I have been trying to setup Asterisk with the realtime MySql with sip users descibed at http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+RealTime+Sip

I have made a Mysql database called "asterisk" and a table inside called "sip_buddies" as descibed at the wiki page.
The Mysqluser "root" has all rights to the "asterisk" database.

I have edited the Extconfig.conf to this:
sippeers => mysql,asterisk,sip_buddies

and in res_mysql.conf looks like this:

[general]
dbhost = localhost
dbname = asterisk
dbuser = root
dbpass = passwd

When I reload Asterisk, I get this error:

ERROR[8280]: res_config_mysql.c:615 mysql_reconnect: MySQL RealTime: Failed to connect database server asterisk on localhost. Check debug for more info.

The Cdr with mysql works fine, and it also connects using the MySql user "root", so it should not be something wring with the Mysql part.

Does anyone see any obvious error I've made ?