[Asterisk-Users] busypattern tones?

steve at daviesfam.org steve at daviesfam.org
Wed Dec 14 23:29:04 MST 2005

On Mon, 12 Dec 2005, Steven wrote:

> What is the best way to get the busypattern tone ms on/ms off from my
> Panasonic DBS?
> I am getting false hangups.
> I just added busycount=8, but I figure I should add the busypattern= as
> well.
>
> Any advise on the best toll to record the tone into to get the ms on/off
> readings?

Hi,

I do it like so:

call in from the outside into a voicemail box and hang up.

I then grab the recording of that voicemail from
/var/spool/asterisk/voicemail/default/ext/ and load it into Audacity and
measure the tone lengths.

You need to be quite accurate.

Setting the busypattern will get rid of the false alarms in my opinion.

Steve