[Asterisk-Users] sharing a line w/multiple extensions

Adrian Carter adrian at lei.net.au
Wed Dec 14 20:41:55 MST 2005

Just as an aside... some Sip ATA's come with both Hotline & Warmline
settings with configurable timeouts. Do any software ones offer similar
functionality? Regardless, it could achieve almost that outcome using
Wamline (to auto-enter the meetme-finding-extension that interfaces with
external program to find actual meetme for the conversation to join and
then transfer the call into) and suitably short timeouts. It would have
the corresponding effect of allowing people to 'optionally' join the
call by just picking up and waiting 5 seconds.. or alternatively,
dialling a differnet number and launching a seperate call.

I could picture it working 'almost' like the author wants through the
use of cordless phones/hardphones plugged into an ATA that supports
wamline configured with the below said 'messy in the middle
dealing-with-meetme' program