[Asterisk-Users] Executing dailplan cmd from manager API

Elwin Andriol elwin at heuveltop.nl
Wed Dec 14 17:58:29 MST 2005

I'm having a bit of a problem. I would like to use the PauseQueueMember and UnpauseQueueMember (dailplan) commands from a manager API interface. Posibly via a CLI command

Is there somebody out there who has figured a way to invoke dailplan command from the CLI or a Manager interface?

Though for most dailplan commands a channel is an essential, but for the two commands in question it is not. That is, both commands do not interact with a particular channel, nor does it needs any information from a particular channel. I see no reasons why the functionality of the to commands is only available from the dialplan and not from the CLI and manager API. In fact, it looks more usefull to have these commands available in a manager interface or CLI.

I've been playing a bit with the manager's Originate command together with a Local channel, and it might be possible to invoke a dailplan command this way. The problem with it is that I have to actually call a phone/device (and pick it up) to get the job done. Besides that it's also a very dirty workaround. I need to find a way to do this without the need to call a phone/device. Any idees?

Thanks in advance,

Elwin Andriol