[Asterisk-Users] traffic shaping

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-asterisk at benshaw.com
Wed Dec 14 17:13:46 MST 2005

On Wednesday 14 December 2005 12:20, Jose Limeres wrote:
> Has anyone a good piece of advice on using traffic shaping embeded with *?
> As in our case it is not possible to configure it in the ADSL router we
> would like to implement some kind of bandwidth reservation policy in *.
> What about using * with 2 network cards betwen the LAN and ADSL router  and
> giving preference to  VoIP traffic over web surfing?

http://www.mixdown.ca/~andrew/dump/rc.tc

That's what I use on a busy ADSL link with a Sangoma S518 PCI ADSL modem.  I
chose that over the external ADSL modems because the packet queueing is being
done in the Linux kernel, which means I can actually hit my outgoing line
rate instead of hunkering down at half that to prevent the external modem
from screwing up my carefully designed outgoing traffic.  :-)

-A.