[Asterisk-Users] T1 to T1 dialout problem

Bart Fisher bhfisher at icpage.com
Wed Dec 14 09:28:43 MST 2005

I need a few minutes of time to work out a dial out problem. I'm willing to
pay for your time.

What I have is a system that connect 2 external VMS systems to one of two
Telco T1's. Mainly the Telco T1's route inbound calls to one of the two
external VM systems depending on the DNIS.  This parts works correctly.

These are connected using TE410P cards using standard e&m wink start, D4
T1's.

The problem is, one External VM systems needs to be able to dial out to one
of two Telco T1's.  I tried to setup a context that will allow this but it's
not working. I'll get congestion and something about context.

What should happen:

1. VMS comes off hook and hears dial tone from asterisk. (Problem 1 - E&M
don't provide dial tone, maybe could play fake one in Background?)
2. VMS dials the telephone number (10 digits), pauses for 2 second, then
send a 4 digit billing account code.  (A tone comes from Telco when ready
for code)
3. Asterisk then routes the call to a ZAP trunk group 7 for all area codes
except 714 or 800 or group 3 for 714 & 800 - Pauses and then sends 4 digit
account code.
4. After dialed party answers, the VM dials additional digits to system that
was called and asterisk should ignore these
5. Then the VM terminates the call.

Fairly simple - huh?

I can get you SSH access and will detail more what the problem is when I
hear from you

Bart
bart at icpage.com