[Asterisk-Users] Gateway crashes when transferring to external lines

Dustin Wenz dwenz at iscompanies.com
Wed Dec 14 08:51:53 MST 2005

I'm using an Asterisk system with a Zultys MX250 as a media gateway
for our PSTN. When I configured this originally, I couldn't make or
receive any outside calls - the MX250 would actually crash and
restart itself. Very bad. As I was troubleshooting, I found a tip in
the Asterisk wiki that recommended disabling reinvites for buggy
gateway. So, I tried that and it fixed the problem.

But now I'm seeing some a similar issue when I receive an outside
call to an Asterisk extension, then that extension does a manual
transfer to another outside number. The receiving line will ring, but
as soon as it is answered the MX250 will crash. Is it possible that
Asterisk is attempting a reinvite when I do this, or could it be a
completely unrelated problem? Here's the sip.conf entry that I'm
using for the MX:

[mx250]
context=mx250incoming
type=friend