[Asterisk-Users] Partial PRI pass thru?

Christian Victor christian at victormedia.de
Wed Dec 14 08:27:02 MST 2005

 >I'd recommend the Digium dual port cards - generation 2 card are
excellent and the support we receive superb.
 >And it supports Digiums support and development of Asterisk - Sangomas
contribution is token if any.

Unfortunately I cant speak for the 2nd gen. cards as we haven't used
them. The 1st gen. TE4xxP cause us a lot headache. HDLC errors and other
strange behaviour wich we - at least until now - don't experience with
the Sangomas.

We made some not-so-good experiences with the Digium support but that
may be not the ususal case. Thanks to the great community we solved much
of our problems but still our Digium installations are far from stable.

I usually prefer to support smaller companies and it may be true that
buying at Digium helps improving Asterisk. Thats why I would even pay a
higher price for a Digium card that works just as good for us as the
Sangomas. But - at least in our installations - they don't and I can not
afford the hours and hours of solving problems anymore.

Of course we will test the 2nd gen cards and check if they work better
for us if we get the opportunity.

Chris