[Asterisk-Users] PSTN gateway & Asterisk -> Virtual Switchboard???

Rafael Ledesma rledesma at palmanet.net
Wed Dec 14 01:45:33 MST 2005

Hi all,

My imaginary scenario is the following one: I have a PSTN gateway called
TotalControl1000, and I want to know, if connecting it to a visible
server with asterisk with public IP I could config it to offer customers
services of virtual switchboard. The customer would save the cost of a
telephone switchboard and would benefit from the advantages of the use
of voice over IP technology.

Questions are:

- Asterisk could offer same functionality as standard telephone
switchboard? Capture of calls.  Deflection of calls.  Voice Mailbox.
Groups of Calls.  Automatic answering menus.

- If anyone worked with TotalControl1000 PTSN gateway. Could it work
with asterisk to develop proposed scene and give VOIP clients make calls
to anyone on the public switched telephony network?.

Thanks

Rafael Ledesma Serrano
Administrador de Sistemas
Palmanet Networking Services