[Asterisk-Users] Dialing analog extensions from SIP?

Robert La Ferla robertlaferla at comcast.net
Tue Dec 13 19:33:32 MST 2005

Doug Lytle wrote:
> I agree with Eric on this one.  On my Polycom IP501s, I had to change
> the digit map to allow for # and * matching.  For testing, remove the
> # and try again.

Remove it from the phone's dial plan or all together?  Also, my phone
has a local dial plan that is set to this: "X+#|XX+*"  I can't find any
documentation on it and it doesn't seem to match up with the patterns in
Asterisk.

i.e.

;   X - any digit from 0-9
;   Z - any digit from 1-9
;   N - any digit from 2-9
;   [1235-9] - any digit in the brackets (in this example, 1,2,3,5,6,7,8,9)
;   . - wildcard, matches anything remaining (e.g. _9011. matches
;       anything starting with 9011 excluding 9011 itself)
;   ! - wildcard, causes the matching process to complete as soon as
;       it can unambiguously determine that no other matches are possible

So what do "+" and "|" and "*" do?