[Asterisk-Users] outgoing calls that last an unreasonably long time

Tue Dec 13 19:21:11 MST 2005

On Sun, 2005-12-11 at 16:18 +0200, Warren Burstein wrote:
> I'm running asterisk 1.0.9 with TDM400B's for both internal and external
> lines.
>
> I put in the macro that dials outside lines an AbsoluteTimeout(36000),
> never expecting it to happen.  But it does, a few times a month.
>
> I've noticed an odd thing, it seems that it usually happens twice in a
> row from the same internal phone (connected to a TDM400B, not an IP
> phone) as if someone dialed a number, something went wrong, they flashed
> and dialed again.  What happened next I don't know.  If they left the
> phone offhook for the rest of the day, that could explain how they
> managed to keep two outside lines busy.

Nope, when they eventually hung up, they bridged the two calls together
(ie, like an attended transfer) and continued along on their merry
way :)

> Is there something I could run from the console that would show how long
> each channel has been connected, and to who?  That way we might be able
> to catch the next one of these as it happens instead of much later.

Ultimately, this is caused by a lack of disconnect notification on your
outbound lines. I presume you are using FXO ports from a TDM card or
similar for your outbound PSTN interconnect....

Try looking at the busycount and similar section in zapata.conf

Regards,
Adam