[Asterisk-Users] Asterisk 1.2 SIP register problems

Griffith, Michael mgriffith at necunified.com
Tue Dec 13 17:53:12 MST 2005

From: Griffith, Michael
Sent: Tue 12/13/2005 7:50 PM
To: asterisk-users at lists.digium.com
Subject: Asterisk 1.2 SIP register problems

Hello All,

I am using Asterisk 1.2.  I have it registering to a SIP carrier for DID's and to 2 NEC PBX's.  The PBX uses UDP port 5060 for SIP trunking and 5070 for SIP station.  So the Asterisk is registered to the station side of the PBX at port 5070 and it is also registered to my SIP carrier at port 5060.

Since I upgrade to 1.2, Asterisk no longer registers with my PBX's.  In fact if I look at an Ethereal trace, the Asterisk is no longer using port 5070 to register with my PBX's, it is using 5060 ???  So the PBX send 400 BAD REQUEST to the Asterisk.  The sip.conf has the following line  "register => 555 at 143.101.35.23:5070/mgwifi"
for my NEC PBX.  I use no secret because Asterisk and the NEC are on the same private subnet.

I have confirmed that this only happens in the 1.2 version.

Any thoughts ?

SIP Stack issue ?

Mike Griffith