[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000: Dual Registrations?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Dec 13 12:36:49 MST 2005

Kerry Garrison wrote:
> We just posted an updated guide to the SPA-3000 a few days ago. The example
> uses AMP but all the settings are there:

It was exactly that example that I was using to start with.

Using the setup just as below, I get the following error:

chan_sip.c:10823 handle_request_register: Registration from
'<sip:spa3000 at 192.168.1.1>' failed for '192.168.1.113' - Username/auth
name mismatch

If I comment out the stanza named spa3000 in sip.conf (below), and set
the "Register" setting for the PSTN screen to "No" things work fine.
But when calls come in on the PSTN line, Asterisk uses the *peer*
setting from-pstn for the connection.

So to reiterate things are working, but I'm not doing the two
registrations like I thought should be the way it would be done.

Thanks.

B.

*******************

Firmware 3.1.7

Here are the configs I'm using.  My Asterisk server is at 192.168.1.1,
and the SPA is at 192.168.1.113:

On the SPA-3000:

Line 1 Page, Proxy and Registration Settings:
	Proxy: 192.168.1.1
	Register: Yes
	Use Outbound Proxy: No
	Use OB Proxy in Dialing: Yes
	Make Call w/o Reg: No
	Ans Call w/o Reg: No
	(Others settings left at factory defaults)

Subscriber Registration:
	User ID: spa3k
	Password: xxxxxxxx
	Display Name: Asterisk
	Auth ID: spa3k
	Use Auth ID: No

SIP Settings:
	Port 5060

PSTN Line Page, Proxy and Registration Settings:
	Proxy: 192.168.1.1
	Register: Yes
	Use Outbound Proxy: No
	Use OB Proxy in Dialing: No