[Asterisk-Users] Partial PRI pass thru?

Steve Totaro stotaro at totarotechnologies.com
Tue Dec 13 08:49:15 MST 2005

> I want to put a * server in front of our legacy phone system.
Currently
> this legacy system is connected to the CO with an ISDN PRI interface.
>
> With a dual PRI card in the * server can I only pass thru a certain
> number of channels to the legacy phone system and then leave the other
> half of the channels for Asterisk to use for a Meet Me conference
bridge
> configuration?

Yes.

> Can I make the * server nearly invisible to the legacy phone system?

Yes providing you set the settings on whatever span is connected to your
PBX the same as your carrier's and no configuration changes are required
on the PBX.

> The legacy phone system would only be able to use, for example,
channels
> 16-23 from the ISDN PRI coming out of the * server.

You could assign specific zap channels but there is no need.  Just
define a number of channels and let asterisk decide which channels to
use.