[Asterisk-Users] Turning off hardware echo can on TE411P

Jason Brashear jason at a2artifacts.com
Tue Dec 13 07:07:55 MST 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com
[mailto:asterisk-users-bounces at lists.digium.com] On Behalf Of William K.
Volkman
Sent: Monday, December 12, 2005 9:10 PM
To: Asterisk Users Mailing List - Non-Commercial Discussion
Subject: Re: [Asterisk-Users] Turning off hardware echo can on TE411P

Hello,
On Mon, 2005-12-12 at 15:42 -0600, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Eric Bishop wrote:
> > Anyone know if Asterisk 1.2.1 supports turning off the hardware echo
> > canceller WITHOUT recompiling the driver like I had to in 1.0.X?
>
> Add 'vpmsupport=0' to your modprobe.conf or equivalent.

OK, so is there a way to have hardware echo canceling and have DTMF
digits go out correctly?  We bought the expensive hardware echo
canceling card however it appears that we have to have vpmsupport=0
in order to get DNIS digits correctly (see my thread about ADIT and
DNIS digits earlier).  Clarifications about what to tweak appreciated.

Thanks,
William.