[Asterisk-Users] Info request from Sangoma users

Gavin Hamill gdh at laterooms.com
Tue Dec 13 05:59:29 MST 2005

On Tue, 2005-12-13 at 07:24 -0500, Matt Florell wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can you post what firmware your board is and what wanpipe driver
> version you are using?

Hi Matt :)

I've already been through all this with Sangoma's support - just looking
for external opinions from real-life installs - so thank you for the
response :)

I've seen this behaviour with everything from the first 2.3.2
Asterisk-compatible wanpipe to the latest 2.3.3-beta18.

> We do up to 50 concurrent recordings on our systems and they do not
> have recording issues. We use MegaRAID 320-1 cards as well.

That's what I thought - I mean the amount of disk IO is absolutely
nothing at all :(

What kind of CPUs are you using? Also, single or dual (or a single with
hyperthreading ?) What onboard L2 cache do they have? My last hope is to
try a P4 machine with 1MB cache, since the others I've used have 512K..

They're all Dell machines - and I know the reaction that usually evokes
when dealing with Digium hardware (been there, seen that...) - I thought
someone like Sangoma with many more years in the business would be more
immune to things like this :(

Cheers,
Gavin.