[Asterisk-Users] NAT Issues?

scott scott at mysecretworld.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 22:47:13 MST 2005

Hi All

I am having various problems that I am convinced is NAT related.
I have a Vega box on public IP talking to an Asterisk box on a public IP address. Calls from the Asterisk to the Vega and back are fine. I have 2 VoIP phones in a NAT network registered to the Asterisk box.
 The problems I am having appear to be intermitent and adding quality to the phone config I can see that they are constantly changing from reachable to not.

Incoming calls come from Vega to Asterisk fine and then dials the extension they should end up at:

 Executing Dial("SIP/xx.xx.xx.xx-0816dbf8", "SIP/111|20|tr") in new stack
    -- Called 111

Sometimes the call will go and the extension will dial immediately but more often than not it will just sit and not do anything or go straight to voicemail.

Another problem is when you make an outgoing call from the phones they are passed to the Asterisk and then to the Vega, when the person answers the Vega and Asterisk shows the call as connected but the VoIP phone continues to ring.

Also when a call does make it all the way incoming and outgoing when you hang up the VoIP phone still thinks its connected!

All the above happens when trying to call VoIP phone to VoIP phone as well!

Any advice would be most appreciated, email me off list if you wish.

Many Thanks
Scott Pinhorne