[Asterisk-Users] SPA-3000: Dual Registrations?

Brian Capouch brianc at palaver.net
Tue Dec 13 01:35:18 MST 2005

I'm wondering if there's anyone out there who has successfully gotten an
SPA-3000 to register, as its documentation would indicate, on both ports
5060 (for standard client FXS service) and 5061 (for the purpose of
originating calls via SIP from the PSTN interface on the box).

I can get one or the other to register, but with the current firmware
(3.1.7) so far I haven't been able to get both.  The second ones gives
me an error:

chan_sip.c:10823 handle_request_register: Registration from
'<sip:spa3000 at 192.168.1.1>' failed for '192.168.1.113' - Username/auth
name mismatch

I have checked the settings 1000 times; spa3000 is what I have in both
the SIP "stanza" name as well as the "username" parameter, and that is
the name I'm using in the SPA config screen for "User"

It works all right, even though, according to the average of the many
conflicting explanations as to how these things are to be configured, it
shouldn't.

Thx.

B.