[Asterisk-Users] Skips and Pops in Call Recordings

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Dec 12 20:54:42 MST 2005

>I'm using the Monitor application to record calls.  Most of the
>recordings are audible, but contain skips accompanied by a popping
>sound.  Sometimes they are isolated, sometimes they appear in groups.
>Call quality is excellent and seems unaffected by whatever is causing
>this problem.

Matt Roth: FWIW, I am recording 1000-1500 calls a day (as of 8:52PM today,
1482 calls!) of various length on my Netfinity with the onboard IBM RAID
controller in RAID 5 Ultra 320 SCSI with suprisingly good quality. As the
other Matt indicated, maybe what is needed here is an intelligent controller
to offload some of the chore.

No definite solution here, but at least it's another data point to compare.