[Asterisk-Users] Skips and Pops in Call Recordings

Matt Florell astmattf at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 19:14:03 MST 2005

Hello,

Need some more information here:
- hardware specs (including what kind of hard drives?)
- Linux kernel version
- running Xwindows?
- Asterisk version
- kind of calls you are recording (Zap, SIP, IAX, Meetme, ...)
- how many recordings at once

In my experience, HyperThreading does not cause recording problems,
it's usually a disk issue. When we had issues, switching to fast SCSI
drives on a MegaRAID 320-1 with the megaraid2 linux driver solved all
of our problems(skips and clicks/pops)

MATT---