[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone Recommendation

Ian Cowley ianc at moffat.co.uk
Mon Dec 12 16:52:09 MST 2005

I've been testing various phones with Asterisk at Home 1.5

So far I like the Grandstream GXP-2000 for price and ease of
configuration, though SideTone/ComfortNoise only comes with the current
Beta code

I like the SNOM 320 buts its more expensive.
Its more of a business phone and doesn't have that Far Eastern product
feel to it.

I'll be looking at othwer too.

When changing phone system its really important to let the users get a
feel of both handsets and voice mail.

Handset weight
SideTone
Layout
Length of handset cord
Robustness in some environment

Voicemail
Simplicity/Ease of use
Speed

All the fancy features of the switch are secondary!

IanC