[Asterisk-Users] IP Phone Recommendation

Kerry Garrison support at techdatapros.com
Mon Dec 12 15:43:29 MST 2005

So every person needs to be able to have 7 or more calls on hold at one
time? Usually 2-4 lines is normal as the architecture of an Asterisk system
is generally different from a simple multi-line phone system. You need to
think through the actual usage of the system and how internally Asterisk
manages phone lines. Asterisk can support many many phone lines but each
individual user doesn't need to be able to handle each individual line
seperately. The system manages the lines and dishes them out to individuals
as needed.
-Kerry