[Asterisk-Users] uniqueid with multiple asterisk hosts

Freddi Hansen fh at danovation.dk
Mon Dec 12 12:45:39 MST 2005

>Hello!
>
>Soon i will add a second asterisk to my setup and of course i want it to use the same postgresql-db as the first one. Basically it's about the cdr-uniqueid. Since it could be possible that a record with the same uniqueid is written to the cdr-table by both machines i'm lookin for a patch that helps asterisk to produce "real unique" uniqueid's(don't know why this is not a standard feature anyways).
>in bugs.digium.com i found several approaches of which the one over here looks the most convincing: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=5825&nbn=11
>
>think i'll stick with it but wanted to hear what other people use for this issue? will there be a "real" uniqueid in the official asterisk code at some point? thanks for your answers.
>
>regards
>christian

Hi,
it's more 2 years since we build our first Asterisk cluster and I have
been patching releases ever since with regards to the missing systemname
so it would be really nice someone could get one of the patches into
cvs.(sorry svn).
I use the 'hostname' during asterisk start to lookup an 'hostindex' to
have as small key as possible. The reason for this is that I use it as
part of unique key in 'realtime' to enable realtime DB to be shared
between multiple Asterisk servers.
We take care of sip NAT issues by taking the hostidx from the newest
registration in realtime DB and route the call through that server.
Freddi