[Asterisk-Users] asterisk in real estate developments

Colin Anderson ColinA at landmarkmasterbuilder.com
Mon Dec 12 14:25:58 MST 2005

We considered it for our multifamily and high rise projects as an additional
profit center but decided against implementation because there isn't enough
money on the table per-subscriber to make it financially worthwhile; it's
hard to make a case to be a "baby telco" when Vonage can lowball you without
even sweating. We concluded you would need at least a thousand subscribers
concentrated in a particular area before you started making any kind of
decent money, and even then it would be risky because what would happen if
you went down? You would have 1000 of your customers pissed at you and would
never buy another one of your housing products ever again. In the end it was
easier for us to concentrate on our core product and let the ILEC take the
blame for crappy phone service. ymmv